Mortgages don't have to be hard. With our seasoned Loan Officers and our easy application process you'll be in your new home in no time!
Before starting your application, be sure to have these items ready and waiting to expedite the process either in one of our many locations or online.
Verification of income
- Earnings statements: W-2 forms, recent pay stubs and tax returns for the past two years;
- If you are self-employed: profit and loss statements and tax returns for current year and previous two years;
- Additional income: social security, overtime bonus, commission, interest income, veteran's benefits and so on.
Verification of your assets
- List of bank account numbers, the address of your bank branch, checking and savings account statements for the previous 2-3 months;
- List of savings bonds, stocks or investments and their approximate market values;
- Copies of titles to any motor vehicles that are paid in full.
Information about the purchase
- Copy of the ratified purchase contract;
- If you made a deposit to the seller to show that you are serious about buying the house, bring a copy of canceled deposit check on house.
- Credit card bills for the past few billing periods;
- Other consumer debt such as car loans, furniture loans, student loans and other personal and cosigned installment loans with creditor addresses and phone numbers;
- Evidence of mortgage and/or rental payments;
- Copies of alimony or child support.
If you have no established credit history, supply us with canceled checks for rent, utilities and other recurring obligations to show payment history and amount of revolving debt.
What if I received money as a gift for a downpayment?
If money for downpayment is a gift from a relative, bring to the interview a copy of gift letter and copy of gift check. The gift letter states that the money will not have to be repaid.
Having these items on hand when you visit one of our many Village Mortgage locations throughout Connecticut, Massachussets, and Rhode Island -- or by applying online -- will help speed up the application process.